2013 | 193 Pages | ISBN: 047068318X | PDF | 1.3 MB
This text offers an open-learning approach to Raman spectroscopy providing detail on instrumentation, applications and discussions questions throughout the book.
It provides a valuable guide to assist with teaching Raman spectroscopy which is gaining attention in (analytical) chemistry, and as a consequence, teaching programs have followed. Today, education in Raman spectroscopy is often limited to theoretical aspects (e.g. selection rules), but practical aspects are usually disregarded. With these course notes, the author hopes to fill this gap and include information about Raman instrumentation and how it is interpreted.
– Provides a?user-friendly text that tackles the theoretical background, and offers everyday tips for common practice
– Raman instrumentation and practical aspects, which are sometimes overlooked, are covered
– Appropriate for students, and includes summaries, text boxes, illustrating the ideas with examples from research literature or providing background information or links with other courses
– Written with an open-learning approach, this book will be ideal for use as a self-study guide or as the basis of a taught course with discussion and self-assessment questions throughout the text
– Includes a comprehensive bibliography to guide the reader to more specialized texts and sources.